BULLET JOURNAL: APRIL SETUP


Bullet journaling has been a hobby of mine for the longest time now, but I never mentioned it on here before. Why? I really don't know. Since I started it in October 2016, I clearly have become more organized. When I still went to school, I always bought myself one of those student calendars to become more organized, at the start of each year, and after about two or three weeks into it I wouldn't open it again, as it just wasn't for me. With bullet journaling, however, I am looking forward to filling it in every day. I wouldn't say that I'm a very artistic person, but I just love doodling in there and thinking of new themes for each month. The theme for April is inspired by this video from AmandaRachLee.


>> The Bullet Journal is a customizable and forgiving organization system. It can be your to-do list, sketchbook, notebook, and diary, but most likely, it will be all of the above. It will teach you to do more with less. <<


For those of you who haven't heard of bullet journaling before and aren't familiar with the system itself, check out this website, as it explains everything. That's also how I started it.


Monthly overview
This is just your basic calendar layout and a great overview of what lies ahead of you each month - birthdays, events, bank holidays,... that stuff. 
On the left I like to keep a little space for 
  • to do's: here I write down things that aren't due to a specific day but I wanna get done somewhen in the month.
  • favourites: everything I liked and enjoyed throughout the month. This could be books, podcasts, movies, products and also my favourite memories or trips and holidays
  • notes



Brain Dump
This is the place for all the random stuff: quotes, doodles, to do's that don't fit anywhere else, shopping lists, tv show trackers, &&&

& A line a day
It's pretty much self-explanatory. At the end of each day I write one line about what happened that day, what made me happy, what got me thinking or something I'm grateful for.


Mood tracker
This one's such a fun thing to fill out at the end of each day. There's one star for every day of the month and I'll just color that star in the color according to my mood from that day. The better the mood, the lighter the color. 
At the end of the month I like to look back and reflect on it. Every one of us has bad days  and I know that most people tend to think a little negative, at least I do, but this really helps me see and understand that overall my life is good and that those bad days are just a few amongst a lot of good ones.


April playlist

What I started doing at the beginning of 2018 is incorporate a monthly playlist into my setup. Here i write down all the songs I listen to most throughout the month and it's just so cool to go back and listen to the songs of a particular month and be reminded of that time.


daily spreads
Just my day to day business - here I write down day-specific tasks and events (eg. my sisters birthday on April 2nd)



What I really love about the bullet journal system is that you can really make it yours. It's whatever you want or need it to be. When I first started, I kept it really minimalistic, all black and white and only a few simple doodles. Lately however I really like to go all out.

If you're a fellow bullet journal 'freak' like me, tell me in the comments below and let's have a little chat. Also I'm open for recommendations on bullet journal Youtubers - love to watch setup videos. :b


xo, Lena


 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram


1 comment:

  1. I would like to show thanks to you for amazing blog. You can also read our blog : promotional diaries

    ReplyDelete