HAPPIEST WHEN IN NATURE.



Oh wow, it's been a while again. Approximately 80% of my blog posts start with me either saying how long it's been or apologizing for my absence. I honestly don't know why it's so hard for me to blog regularly. But that's not the point now. You know these days when you feel a little sad without anything bad happening? A while ago I had one of these days. Even though I love my lazy Sundays from time to time, not doing anything, being alone got to me that day. Therefore I decided to do something about it the next day. So when I came home after work, I packed my backpack and got into my car - hello Teichalm & hello Sommeralm!

Moorweg Teichalm, Teichalm, Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark

I didn't go anywhere far away, and I get that if you're from around the area, it won't be anything new to you, or bore you. However, for all you out there from all different countries of the world, let me show you a few photos of these beautiful places which I'm happily enough to live near.

When I arrived, I took a walk around the small Teichalmsee and after that I sat down on one of the benches, soaked up the sun and read for a while.

 Currently reading: My not so perfect life - Sophie Kinsella
(follow me on Goodreads if you're into reading as well)

Teichalmsee, Teichalm, Teichalm, Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark

Teichalmsee, Teichalm, Teichalm, Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark


Teichalmsee, Teichalm, Teichalm, Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark

Teichalmsee, Teichalm, Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark


After a while I took the short drive to the near Sommeralm, where I lied down somewhere next to the wind wheel, read a bit more and enjoyed the beautiful sunset. A picture paints a thousand words - just have a look at that incredible view. 


Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark


Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark, Sunset, Sonnenuntergang



'cause when you stop and look around, life is pretty amazing.  🍃

Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark, Sunset, Sonnenuntergang, Schöckl

Okay, so this may or may not sound a bit stupid to you now, but after sitting there for a while and enjoying the scenery, I felt so happy inside, I can't really put it into words. Somehow being in nature always cheers me up. All my 'sadness' from the day before was blown away, and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day. That afternoon made me realize once again that it doesn't take much to be truly happy. 


Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark, Sunset, Sonnenuntergang

Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark, Sunset, Sonnenuntergang

Sommeralm in winter?
Sommeralm, Teichalm,  Austria, Styria, Österreich, Steiermark, Sunset, Sonnenuntergang

xo, Lena

 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment